Junior Prom One Week Away

Interior shot of Danversport Yacht Club. (https://www.eventective.com/danvers-ma/danversport-waterfront-weddings-221.html)

Nicole Wilson ('23), Orbit Contributor

Friday, April 14th marks the date of this year’s Junior Prom, all organized and sponsored by the class of 2024, which will be located at the Danversport Yacht Club.

Once again, RMHS is inviting the junior class to attend their class prom. Tickets for this long-awaited event cost $75 and can be bought by seeing Mrs. Allison in room 402 or Ms. Sliwoski in 322 before school or during flex. Tickets bought in-person can be purchased with check or cash. Ticket sales are running strictly until April 7th to ensure that there is an accurate count for the venue. 

The event, located at the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, MA, will take place from 7-10 pm, with an initial arrival at RMHS at 6:00 pm, and an anticipated arrival back to the school around 10:30 pm. It will include dinner, music and dancing. Students are required to take the school buses provided by the school to and from the venue and are expeected to stay at the event for the whole duration.

Myself and many others are really just looking forward to the camaraderie that prom brings to our class.

— Ryan Fox ('24)

The class of 2024 are allowed one “plus one” to this event, allowing for students to bring someone from their grade, another grade or even another school. The suggested dress code is formal attire, such as suits, bowties or gowns, but is open for creativity. 

Ryan Fox (‘24) is a class officer for the class of 2024. He and his fellow class officers have been in charge of helping to plan and organize this year’s Junior Prom over the past few months. Fox said, “A large part of planning for prom is choosing a venue. The class officers for the 2024 class make sure to get input from students who went to previous proms to make sure that everyone is as happy as possible.” He added, “Food and ticket sales are also an important topic of discussion in the planning process.” 

This upcoming event has been advertised through morning announcements, emails from faculty and through the 2024 class Instagram, @rmhs.classof2024, all in hopes of getting students and staff excited for what’s to come. 

Fox stated, “Myself and many others are really just looking forward to the camaraderie that prom brings to our class. It’s always fun when most of the class gets to see each other outside of school.”