The Return of Misster RMHS

Popular Variety Show/Contest Is Back

The annual variety show known as Misster RMHS has been confirmed for an in-person return on March 18th in the Endslow Performing Arts Center.

Misster RMHS is an annual highly-anticipated variety show where RMHS students perform skits, prepare videos, and present their talents and skills in front of students in attendance.

Due to the restrictions set in place for the COVID-19 pandemic, the show was previously held virtually during the 19-20 school year and was canceled during the 20-21 school year.

Under the circumstances, the popularity and acclaim of the Misster RMHS have severely declined. Senior class adviser and social studies teacher Ms. Bailey hopes for a spectacular return that will accentuate the joyful nature of this tradition once again. A lot of the other kids don’t really have an idea of what this is and what to expect. So I think we’ve got to make it really cool so the tradition continues.” Rekindling interest in Misster RMHS is one of Ms. Bailey’s top priorities for this year’s show. 

She has worked with the Class Office to organize this event. Senior class officer Owen Schromm has worked with other students and class organizers to prepare.  Schromm and the other Class Office members have had a large role in the return of Misster RMHS this 21-22 school year and are looking forward to it. “I am so excited,” said Schromm.

This year the show will consist of several student performances, including music performed by the RMHS combo band in between skits and during the intermission. In addition, Dionysios Georgopoulos (‘22) has volunteered to potentially serve as one of the masters of ceremony. Like Ms. Bailey, he brings up the importance of raising awareness for the show: “We’re trying to figure out ways where we’re able to spread the word.”

Georgopoulos has stated that Misster RMHS has “been, historically, one of the most fun nights of the entire year, especially for the seniors.”

Although the list of participants has not been finalized, Connor Patterson (‘22), Dionysios Georgopoulos (‘22), Alex Shikhanovich (‘22), Charlie Lloyd (‘22), Pete Koster (‘22), Owen Schromm (‘22), Han Diedrich (‘22), Will Flaherty (‘22), and Thomas O’Brien (‘22) are all scheduled to perform at the event. 

Ticket sales for the show will go towards fundraising for the senior class.

Students at RMHS can anticipate a lively and entertaining show during this year’s Misster RMHS comeback.